Wow. We have been fans of Orange for quite some years now, because they build bass combo amps that are among the best available anywhere. This model, however, is the pick of the bunch.
Let’s start with that signature orange fascia. It still looks great, even after all these years, whether in the corner of your bedroom or in the practice room. Where it really stands out, though, is on stage, where the bright orange box draws attention to you as the bass player, often sadly overlooked!
Whilst not the most powerful amp we are reviewing today, this amp certainly packs a punch. It sounds considerably louder than the 100 watts of power it offers, so you don’t have to worry about being heard! In fact, the bassists we spoke to for this review said this amp was powerful enough for small gigs on its own, so get this amp and you will not have to shell out for separate practice and gig amps!
In addition, of course, the Orange Crush Pix comes with a variety of other advantages
Where it really stands out, though, is on stage, where the bright orange box draws attention to you as the bass player, often sadly overlooked!
- The power offered by this amp is more than sufficient for any purpose. This 100 watt model is incredibly loud, and the amp, on its own, is more than capable of playing even quite large rooms, and links well with PA systems.
- The EQ options on this amp really help it to stand out from the crowd. Each channel has a dedicated five level EQ, which is simple and easy to adjust. This is perfect for beginners as well as pros. For those just funding their sound, having a wide range available makes it easy to create something unique. If you are an experienced player, you will be able to replicate the sound of your old favorite amp with ease!
- The amp is remarkably compact, especially considering the power and extra features it includes. The bassists we spoke to for this review praised this, because it meant that they could easily carry the amp to practice sessions. Ulimately, this means that you will not have to buy separate practice and gig amps, saving an awful lot of cash!
- The amp also offers an auxiliary input, which is great for beginners. Plug in your phone, and play along with your favorite tracks, and you will be playing killer bass n no time!
- This amp will last forever. It has become a favorite amongst even the most famous bass players because it can stand the worst punishment. If you are lucky enough to be flying all over the world to play gigs, it is nice to know that your amp will arrive in perfect working condition, with no broken valves, sounding just as good as it did on the day you bought it!
- In truth, none. If you are looking for a classic bass combo amp that will deliver great tone for years, no matter how badly you treat it, this is the one to get!